A New Voice for Longmeadow’s School Committee:
Hoping to make a great school system even greater!
- An experienced educator: fifteen years as an English teacher at both the middle and high school levels and six years as a school administrator
- A community member who moved here solely because of the reputation of the school system. We have one son at Wolf Swamp Road School and one son at Greenwood Children’s Center; my husband and I are proud of the education they are both receiving
- A growth-mindset person who acknowledges how strong the school system is but who is committed to seeing the system advance even further
- A problem-solver at heart. I know how to listen, compromise, and advocate for the residents of Longmeadow
- Extremely well-versed in the Common Core State Standards and the accompanying assessments
- Experienced with school budgeting and committed to providing the best possible educational program while also being mindful of the need to control expenses and prevent an increase in taxes
- Committed to improving the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programming across the district; we need to develop innovative thinkers!
- BA in English from Mount Holyoke College, Master’s Degree in Education from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and an advanced degree in Educational Leadership from Quinnipiac University; I have completed recent coursework in special education, school law, and school finance.
I have the knowledge and the expertise to tackle the issues before the Longmeadow School Committee, and with your help, I look forward to serving you.